VAWA / Violence Against Women Act

Immigrants come to the U.S. in search of a better life. Sadly, some immigrants become victims of domestic abuse. These victims include wives, husbands, children, fiancées of abusive U.S. citizens and Lawful Residents and also parents abused by their U.S. citizen children.

Victims living in an abusive relationship who meet certain requirements, may be eligible to obtain legal status or a visa if the victim is outside the U.S. under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). They can self-petition for this relief. If the victim is facing removal for some reason, it could be cancelled based on a VAWA application.

VAWA relief allows the victims of domestic violence to escape the abuse without having to worry about their immigration status.
If you are a victim of domestic abuse and want to seek legalization, contact our office today for a consultation to determine if you qualify for VAWA relief.